Below you will find a range of free informative downloadable publications that will help us all to preserve the good reputation of mountaineers as responsible users of the areas we access by right.
- Minimal Impact Mountaineering Advice - summer or winter whether you are on your feet, skis or a crag then this is the one-stop-shop of the basics of enjoying the outdoors while minimising your impact with general and activity-specific information relevant to Scotland, England and the rest of the world.
- The Law and the Code - rights and responsibilities we have in Scotland under the Scottish Outdoor Access Code / Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003.
Detailed Topic Advice
- Where to 'Go' in the Great Outdoors - guidance about ensuring the water in Scotland's mountains stays clean enough to drink and how best to find clean water.
- Access in the Deer Stalking Season (July - October) - guidance on what stalking means for your access rights and resources to help you.
- Wild Camping - guidance about how best to enjoy wild camping while ensuring it remains in the same condition to be enjoyed the next time.
- Memorials - guidance on things to consider if you are thinking about a memorial for yourself or another in the mountains and reasons why you might want to make your wishes clear in advance.
- Health in the Hills - including tick advice.
- Ticks - video - The incidence of Lyme Disease appears to be increasing and this video offers guidance on avoidance and dealing with them if they latch on.
- Suspicious Car Parking Charges - guidance on what to do if there are car parking charges that look like they may not be official.