Indoor climbing was recorded as the fastest growth sport in a Mintel Survey a few years ago and more and more people are trying climbing indoors. For some it is a much more enjoyable way to keep fit than other indoor activities such as the gym, for others it becomes a passion. Some rarely venture out of the climbing wall.
- You and Indoor Climbing gives you advice about what to expect at a wall: registration and rules for use of the wall, equipment required, styles of climbing wall and climbing disciplines, accepted behaviour and being self-reliant, technical skills needed, access arrangements etc
- The Climbing Wall Directory is a database of all the walls in Scotland detailing their facilities and availability
- The Scottish Climbing Walls Network is a Partnership group of the main active walls and the MCofS. More detail of the facilities on offer by these walls is available here
- Scottish Climbing Wall News lists some of the events and activities on offer
- Climbing Walls and the MCofS is primarily for wall owners / manager and offers information about the role of the MCofS in: policy and development strategy, good practice, available walls safety information, MCofS support and the Association of British Climbing Walls (ABC)
If you canít find what you are looking for here, or would like to discuss wall developments contact the Development Officer, Kevin Howett on email: firstname.lastname@example.org