Find a Hut
Mountaineering huts offer simple and affordable places to stay in some superb locations for hill-walking and climbing across Scotland.
There are three 'national' huts, owned by the MCofS (or MCofS and BMC jointly), while others are owned and managed directly by clubs, mostly for club meets and group trips.
As well as the 'national' huts, individual MCofS members are entitled to book accommodation in many of the club huts, subject to availability.
- Discover the three 'national' huts:
- Alex MacIntyre Memorial Hut at Onich near Glen Coe
- Glen Brittle Memorial Hut near the Cullin, Skye
- Mill Cottage near Feshiebridge in the Cairngorms
- Find the club huts which can be booked by individual MCofS members
- Download the full Huts Directory with prices and booking conditions for all national and club huts (PDF)
MCofS huts position statement
- Detailed information on how the MCofS is involved in the provision of mountaineering huts in Scotland can be found in the MCofS huts position statement
- Details of huts 'south of the border' can be found on the BMC website.
- To download the BMC huts list directly, click here
- Find out more about the Reciprocal Rights Card for discounts on Alpine huts