Mountaineering has many forms. From alpinism to hill walking, climbing at indoor and outdoor venues, to bouldering and ski-mountaineering. Our range of services and benefits has been developed to cater for the differing interests of our members. This section of our website contains information about:
- Membership of the MCofS, including membership categories, discounts and other benefits, a directory of club huts, and details and benefits of Associate Membership for organisations that support our work
- Combined Liabilty Insurance, related FAQs and links to the website of our brokers, Perkins Slade
- BMC Travel Insurance Schemes
- Specialist Life Insurance for climbers and mountaineers - Mortgage Protection; Term Assurance; Critical Illness; Income Protection - all from Summit Financial Services
- Scottish Mountaineer - the 'Voice of Scotland's hill walkers and climbers' - our quarterly colour magazine, exclusively free to members; available in both print and digital format (Flash required). If you are an existing member and wish to change from print to digital copy please advise us by email.
- The Scottish Mountaineer archive is available on-line.
- Scottish Club Huts Directory, eligibility and how to book
- Our range of publications and information leaflets
Click the menu on the left hand side of this page for more information.
Updated February 2014