Information for Members
AGM 2011 Highlights Report and Minutes
Thursday 8th September 2011
Annual General Meeting Highlights – 3 September 2011
The following report covers the key decisions made at the 2011 AGM.
President Chris Townsend welcomed over 60 members and guests to the MCofS AGM, which was held at the Dunblane Hydro.
Following a detailed explanation of the accounts and measures taken by the MCofS Board to control costs, members approved a resolution to increase all adult membership subscriptions by £1.25 with effect from 1 April 2012, with 533 votes in favour and 40 against. The same resolution introduced a new membership category for young people under the age of 13 with an annual subscription of £3.50.
Elections to the MCofS Board:
Brian Linington, an individual member, was elected unanimously as President to succeed Chris Townsend.
Robert McMurray of the Braes of Fife Mountaineering Club was elected unanimously as Treasurer to succeed John Irving.
Michael Anderson, an individual member was elected to the Board by 504 votes to Graeme Copland’s 72 votes.
The Chair advised the meeting that there were 5 directors eligible to serve until the next (2012) AGM without the need for a vote:
· Ron Payne, first elected 2009, term expires 2013
· Martin McCallum, first elected 2009, term expires 2013
· Graham Boyle, first elected 2010, term expires 2014
· Karin Froebel, first elected 2010, term expires 2014
· Rosie Goolden, first elected 2010, term expires 2014
Brian Linington expressed his thanks to Chris Townsend for his work as President of the MCofS during his term of office, offering him best wishes for the future and for his work with the Access and Conservation Advisory Group.
After declaring the formal business of the AGM closed, Brian recorded the thanks of the MCofS Board to the following:
· Retiring Treasurer John Irving who served for the last 4 years and who intends to continue his association with MCofS trusts
· Club and Individual Members for their continued support
· All volunteers who work with and for MCofS, including elected members, those working on advisory and working groups, those who work on our kids competitions and events, those who have offered advice and the many others who have contributed to the work of the MCofS in the last year
· sportscotland for their continued investment in Scottish mountaineering
· The BMC & the Scottish Mountaineering Trust for their grants for access and conservation work
· Glenmore Lodge for their support for mountain safety and other initiatives
· The mountain instructors who make our mountain safety events and lectures possible
· Members of the Scottish Climbing Wall Network for their support for climbing competitions and events
· Many others who have made voluntary donations during the year
· Other sponsors and supporters including Silva, Buff, Garmin, and Tiso
There being no further business, the meeting was closed.
Any questions concerning the AGM should be referred to the Company Secretary.
Published 8 September 2011