FUNdamentals of Climbing Workshop
Tuesday 19th February 2013
MCofS FUNdamentals of Climbing 1 WORKSHOP
27th April 2013 Perth High School, Perth
Coaches: Jon Jones and Pamela Millar
This is a one-day workshop organised by the MCofS for anyone teaching climbing at an introductory level.
Broaden your knowledge of athlete development, and develop your coaching techniques for indoor and outdoor climbing.
Applications for this workshop are now being taken.
Numbers are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Check out the FUNdamentals of Climbing page on the Coaching section for further details and an application form.
Developing the FUNdamentals of Climbing
Most instructors, coaches and volunteers who introduce climbing to youngsters will be involved in this FUNdamental stage:
The MCofS Workshops are suitable for anyone introducing children (or novice young adults) to climbing, such as teachers, Youth Workers, Active School Coordinator’s, Climbing Wall staff, Voluntary Body staff, Duke of Edinburgh volunteers, Scouts’ & Guides’ volunteers, Parents and Club Members, etc.
The Workshop Content & Eligibility to attend is included in the ‘Workshop Outline’ Document (read it HERE) but in summary:
- The Minimum age to attend a workshop is 14yrs
- Participants should have some climbing experience, but not exclusively so
- The workshop will not necessarily involve roped climbing
- The MCofS Workshops give an introduction to the following:
- The principles of Long Term Participant Development (LTPD)
- What are the FUNdamental Principles of our sport
- How to coach – coaching processes
- Background information and guidance about coaching climbing in Scotland