MCofS REALrock Climbing Events
Wednesday 6th June 2012
SUPPORTED BY THE SCOTTISH MOUNTAINEERING TRUST
AVAILABLE TO: Members and Non-Members
FOR: Children between 8yr and 18years old. Parents of children 8-15 are asked to attend the session. 16-18 year olds may participate unattended.
VENUES: Central belt & Perthshire Crags, Aberdeen Sea Cliffs & Northumberland
COST: £15 per child per day (non-members initial joining fee of £10)
A series of outdoor REALrock events are planned this year. The REALtrad and REALsport days will be delivered by Pamela Millar (EICA: Ratho Youth Development Officer, MCofS Assistant Coach) and the REALbouldering days by Neill Busby (Senior Instructor, MCofS Coach & rep on GB Team Management); ably assisted by other instructors.
- REALrock Intro-sessions are held at local crags
- The sessions are taken by instructors and MCofS volunteers.
- They are available for children 8yrs-18yrs old who have indoor climbing experience on bolts.
- Parents provide their own transport to the meeting point/crag.
- Children must supply their own technical equipment: harness, belay plate, rock shoes & helmet and know how to use them. Chalk bags are recommended and Bouldering mats for the bouldering sessions can be supplied.
- A Parent must attend the event to supervise their children (8-15yr old). 16yr-17yr olds may attend on their own.
- You can attend as many sessions as you like.
- The non-members session fee is the same as members, but you must join the MCofS (at a discounted rate of £10) to cover Civil Liability insurance.
BOOK your places on REALrock days NOW
See the REALrock page for details of what REAlrock means
See the 2012 REALrock Booking page for booking information and dates