MCofS Winter Lectures 2016-17
The MCofS has teamed up with Cotswold Outdoor, Tiso, The Mountain Cafe, Aviemore, Scottish Walks magazine and The Munro Society to offer you a fascinating insight into Scotland's mountains in winter and some essential safety advice for heading into the hills at this time of year.
In this free lecture, Heather Morning, our Mountain Safety Advisor will share her beautiful photography, videos, personal anecdotes and adventures, while equipping you with some essential skills for winter navigation, avalanche awareness, route choice, equipment, mountain weather and much more.
With a lifetime's experience in the mountains, Heather has been a professional mountaineer for 25 years and for the last 12 years has been an active member of the Cairngorm Mountain Rescue Team.
Places are free but limited, so to avoid disappointment, please book your seat by popping in the relevant store or calling them on the numbers given below.
- Thursday 24 November, 7pm - Aberdeen
Tiso, venue to be confirmed
- Monday 28th November, 7pm - Stirling Cotswold Outdoor store, Dobbies Garden Centre, Drip Road, Craigforth, Stirling FK9 4UF
Book now on 01786 241200
- Tuesday 29th November, 7pm - Perth
Tiso, Highland Gateway, Inveralmond roundabout, Perth PH1 3EE
Book now on 01738 634464
- Wednesday 30th November, 7pm - Dundee Tiso, 22 Whitehall St, Dundee DD1 4AF Book now on 01382 221153
- Tuesday 6th December, 7pm - Tiso, Inverness Longman Industrial Estate, Inverness IV1 1SN
Book now on 01463 729171
Wednesday 7th December, 7pm - Glasgow
Tiso, Glasgow Outdoor Experience, 50 Coupar Street, Glasgow G4 0DL
Book now on 0141 559 5450
- Thursday 8th December, 7pm - Edinburgh
Tiso, Edinburgh Outdoor Experience, 41 Commerical Street, Leith EH6 6JD
Book now on 0131 554 0804
- Wednesday 4th January, 7pm - Edinburgh
Cotswold Outdoor Store, 72 Rose Street, Edinburgh EH2 2NN
Book now on 0131 341 2063
- Thursday 5th January, 7pm - Glasgow
Cotswold Outdoor Store, 30 West End Retail Park, 60 Crow Road, Partick Glasgow G11 7RY
Book now on 0141 357 5353
- Wednesday 8th February, 7pm (meal), 8pm (lecture) Mountain Café, Aviemore Tel: 01479 812473 Meal available £13, booking is essential.
- Wednesday 15th February, 7pm (meal), 8pm (lecture) Mountain Café, Aviemore Tel: 01479 812473 Meal available £13, booking essential. Please note, this is the only lecture not delivered by Heather Morning. This lecture will be given by Heavy Whalley Mountain Rescue Legend. Heavy's adventures can be followed on https://heavywhalley.wordpress.com/
The MCofS Winter Mountain Safety Lecture is kindly supported by Cotswold Outdoor, Tiso, the Mountain Cafe, Summit Financial Services, The Munro Society, Scottish Walks magazine and the Herald & Times Group.